Why we consider India for medical tourism
This beautiful peninsula in the Asian subcontinent is endowed with sprawling mountain ranges, beaches, and a diverse and colourful culture. It is home to some of the world’s best architecture and historical monuments. Today, India’s private hospitals have an excellent reputation and are at the forefront of medicine, equipped with modern state-of-the-art equipment and highly-skilled medical personnel.
Indian doctors are considered to be among the best in the world, respected for their expertise and acumen. Thirteen of India’s hospitals are internationally-accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI), a testament to the quality of medical treatment which is locally available.
India is among the top ten medical tourism destinations in the world, with rapidly- growing numbers of patients seeking treatment there in recent years. The most sought-after procedures in India are orthopaedics, cosmetic surgery, cancer treatments, dental care and heart surgery. Indian medical facilities are among the most cost-effective in the world, with private hospitals offering treatment at a fraction of the price of those in more affluent nations, while being equipped with the latest technology and equipment.
Key strengths of India for Medical Tourism
- World class diagnostic centres.
- Quality medical treatment at relatively inexpensive costs.
- English is widely spoken.
- Short waiting times for surgeries and treatments.
- Wide availability of specialty physicians & facilities.
- Well-equipped hospitals with state-of-the-art technology..
- Availability of traditional/alternative healing systems like yoga.
- Advanced research facilities.
- Abundant tourist attractions.